- Hiking: Preparation
The good thing about hiking is that you do not have to take lessons to learn it. And you do not need special sports equipment to get started. Nevertheless, you should pay attention to a few things, so that nothing obscures the joy of hiking. A good preparation is part of the hiking tour. After the route is set, you should also adapt your clothes to the weather forecast. However, especially in the mountains: the best way to prepare for any weather, changes can occur quite abruptly.
It is important that you care for your feet properly - after all, they should be worn safely over stick and stone.
On what you should pay attention
- Get all the information about the route - especially consider the difficulty levels, whether you are traveling with children, head for heights or sure-footedness need
- Clarify on multi-day tours beforehand, whether overnight accommodations in the cabins / accommodations are free and whether you need to bring something (for example, hut sleeping bag)
- Observe weather forecast
- Well-fitting backpack, the size of the tour length is adjusted (advice from retailers)
- Put together provisions (for example dried fruit, muesli bars, water, etc.)
- Pack foot protection cream with zinc oxide and deer tallow
- Anti-mosquito lotion, sunscreen cream
- Clothes - according to the weather (and possibly the length of the trip):
- Rain cape, headgear
- Short or long pants
- Fixed hiking boats
- Moisture absorbent socks
- Dry clothes to change
Important: If you are planning more demanding hikes in warmer climates or in the mountains, you should seek medical attention beforehand. Do not overestimate your fitness - start with shorter, not too demanding tours.
The feet in view
- footwear: Be advised in advance for the right shoes in department stores or sports shops - good hiking boots are firm on the outside and soft on the inside. However, the required properties also depend on where and how often your shoes should accompany you. Run the shoes in the best way beforehand - wear them again and again on short walks or in the apartment.
- socks: Obligations are stockings of fibers that absorb moisture - in the trade special socks are offered, some of which are shaped differently even for right and left foot. If you sweat heavily on your feet, you should take a second pair of socks with you - with moist feet, the horny layer softens and blisters threaten. Additional foot buff hardening thickens the horny layer and reduces the susceptibility to blisters.
- Before the tour, you can take an intensiveprotection cream Apply - this protects the skin of the feet from getting sores, blisters, tearing and skin irritation. Recommended ointments have a high content of zinc oxide, which keeps the feet dry, and greasy substances such as deer tallow, so that the skin remains supple.
- Antiperspirant foot creams or foot baths prevent; Regular drinking of sage tea also helps to keep the sweating under control.
- Franzbranntwein gel helps against burning or aching feet.
- Pressure point and blister plasters cushion sensitive areas.
- Treat your feet to a well-deserved break at home!
- Enjoy a foot bath to relax the muscles of the feet. Put your legs up and walk barefoot through the apartment. Then your feet will be fit for the next hike.