Collect mushrooms: pleasure with risk

Article content

  • Collect mushrooms: pleasure with risk
  • Mushrooms: mushroom poisoning
  • Mushrooms: tips and information on edible mushrooms

They are enigmatic, almost magical and above all tasteful - edible mushrooms. Even more, if they were collected themselves. But beware: all too often they are mistaken for poisonous mushrooms, sometimes fatal. There are a few important things to keep in mind so that enjoyment is not a risk to your health.

Mushroom poisoning in history

Among historians there is a presumption that the Roman Emperor Claudius was also a mushroom lover - and had paid his passion with death. Whether his wife or political opponents really enriched the hangman's meal with the extract of the green tuberous toadstool, everything was just an unfortunate confusion or the cause of death was a completely different one: the fact is that mushroom poisoning still occurs today, albeit rarely and rarely with fatal results ,

Accurate figures do not exist for Germany, as a central register is missing and people with slight symptoms of intoxication do not necessarily represent the doctor. It is estimated that 1-2% of all poisoning is a consequence of fungi and 8% of it is serious.

Many poisonous mushrooms are tasteless

Claudius will have tasted nothing of the toadstool, because that is the dangerous thing about the tasty "mushrooms": The poisons in the 150 poisonous mushroom species are colorless and odorless, tasteless and can not be tested by domestic "test methods" as the blackening of a cooked Expose silver spoon. In addition, even a small amount is enough for many to develop their dangerous effect. The fact that the snail gnaws relish with a mushroom, is no indication of its non-toxicity - the metabolism of snails and other animals is not comparable to that of humans.

Dangerous doppelgangers among the mushrooms

It is not easy to distinguish toxic from non-toxic mushrooms. Many of the approximately 100 edible mushrooms have dangerous doppelgangers, which not only look similar, but also have a pleasant smell. But even boiling does not kill the poisons they contain.

  • Especially in itself it has the family of Amanita mushrooms: The green tuberous mushroom is similar to the Waldchampignon, the white Spitz-hütige and the white flachhütige tuber-leaf mushroom look the Anis Egerling and the meadow mushroom similar to the confusion similar.
  • The Toadstool Almost everyone knows and knows that it is poisonous.
  • An inconspicuous and equally inedible relative, however, is the Pantherpilzwhich is always confused with the edible pearl mushroom or the garlanded pearling.
  • Inocybe and funnel fungi like the fog cap are so inconspicuous that many confusions are possible.
  • Carbolic chestnut mushrooms are not in vain popularly called "white poison mushroom".
  • The Bald Krempling is a special case - symptoms only appear after repeated consumption and are the result of an allergic reaction.

By the way: Poisoning with tube mushrooms (also called sponge mushrooms - mushrooms belong for example in this category) run usually mildly. In contrast, slippery mushrooms are more dangerous - you really should only eat wild mushrooms if you are absolutely sure that you have not caught anything poisonous.

Загрузка...

Загрузка...

Popular Categories