- Stress: What does that mean?
- Stress: What can one do against stress?
Many stress sufferers make a big mistake: they do not want to accept the problem of being overstrained. This does not fit the image of the successful career maker in the profession or the sovereign home and father. The first step of stress therapy: Recognize yourself and your personal stress! This can be addressed with the life partner or another familiar person quietly openly: "You, tell me, I seem to you changed or tense!".
Recognize stress trigger
Are you more unfair to the children than they used to be? Do you even start to roar when you get angry? When you realize that you are stressed, you have to analyze the stressors: "What exactly are you stressing about, the colleagues, the trouble with the new car, the lack of free time, or even the high demands on myself?"
All of this should be voluntarily tested by yourself before the doctor is forced to do so. Stress management focuses on the active handling of stress triggers. Think about what your personal stressors are and how you can specifically reduce them. Here are a few tips that can help you.
11 tips against stress
- Agreements with all concerned about the respective expectations and ideas - this applies to projects at work as well as for holidays and public holidays
- Do not overestimate expectations (above all in oneself), see if 100% target achievement is really necessary
- Learning to say "no" and not bow to all wishes from the outside
- Addressing and clarifying tensions quickly so they do not escalate; address or ignore annoying colleagues
- Accept that everyday quarrels and conflicts are completely normal - even on vacation and on holidays
- Create personal freedom, retreat and timely and extensive opportunities for relaxation, do not overburden everyday life with appointments
- Take more into account the internal clock (for example, to do difficult tasks in the morning or late afternoon during the personal performance high); Divide working hours so that you have enough free time and full use of your holiday
- Maintain family life and friendships
- Plan walks, sports and enough sleep
- Pay attention to a healthy, balanced diet, often putting "anti-stress food" on the menu: cereals, papaya, peppers, organic poultry
Active stress management
Anyone who copes with stress actively will not be overrun by it. Active stress management means concentrating on your real goals and eliminating the things that do you no good.
As an aid, you can, for example, create checklists that make it easier to weight the individual tasks and events, or work plans that help you structure the individual tasks better. Talk to others about what makes you stress.
And do not hesitate to seek competent help from a psychotherapist, for example, if you feel that you can not free yourself from the stress trap yourself.
Means for coping with stress
It depends on the right balance between stress and discharge. Conscious relaxation is therefore the be-all and end-all. Many people think that stress breaks down by itself. But who, for example, sitting in front of the TV may feel calmer - but that is not really relaxing.
In the medical rehabilitation of stress-related cardiovascular diseases, "active relaxation" therefore plays an increasing role: patients learn, for example, through autogenic training or controlled on-and relaxing of muscles to actively reduce stress. Also, meditative breathing techniques, used consciously in stressful moments, are extremely effective: those who focus on their breathing hides disturbing thoughts or influences and thus creates in the midst of stress small resting islands.
And: Such relaxation methods have a measurably positive influence on the immune system. Also, being together with family, friends and acquaintances, listening to music, dancing and regular exercise in the form of walking and physical activity are effective ways to relieve stress.