Hammam, a mysterious and mystical sounding word. What exactly is behind it? A traditional bathing ceremony from Turkey with a high wellness factor. Immerse, dive and feel good is the motto for relaxation for the body and the soul. Indulge in the fascinating bathing ceremony of the Hammam and discover the wellness treat. With the Baderitus of Hammam daily worries can be quickly thrown overboard and new forces can be refueled in peace. You can expect a combination of body cleansing, steam bath, sensual fragrances and a soothing massage. Not only on cold and rainy days, the Hammam is a popular oasis to feel good. At any time, one's own powers can be harmonized here.
History of the Hammam
In the Islamic tradition it is still common today, the Badezermonie the hammam regularly at least once a week and before special holidays. The origin of Hammam culture is found in the Orient and has developed over millennia. Anyone who travels to Anatolia can find here the most beautiful and oldest bathhouses.
By the way, a hammam is traditionally not only used to cleanse the body and to relax, but also serves as a Communication meeting. In a hammam can be clapped and gossip in a relaxed atmosphere. This distinguishes the Turkish bath houses to most Hammam temples in Germany. Here they are above all places of rest.
A steam bath with history and solid rituals
In the hammam, the central element of the ritual is the water. Water and wellness are inseparable, both are a treat and a journey away from the stress of everyday life and the hustle and bustle. Mountains of foam and pleasant sensual scents take you to the Orient and above all to pure relaxation. Before you start, you undress in the "Camekan", the locker room and wrap the "Pestemal", a linen cloth, around your hips.
The complete wellness treatment is usually of one "Tellak" performed and accompanied. A "Tellak" is a lifeguard who, however, only after a long experience and the mastery of all Hammam rituals may adorn with this title.
Hammam - Bathing ceremony
And this is how the traditional bathing ceremony works:
- First, a bath or shower is used, which serves for pure cleaning. Clear water, without soap, flows over the body to wash away sweat and body fat.
- Now the visit is waiting in the steam bath. This is pleasantly tempered at 45 ° C. As the muscles relax, the heat opens the skin pores. An ideal condition for the later exfoliation, which can thus show more intense effect.
- After about 10 to 15 minutes lukewarm water is allowed to flow over the body and soak up.
- Once again, the walk to the steam bath follows.
- Then you can lie down on a warm marble plate "Göbektasi". With a special washing glove the "Kees" the "Tellak" washes the body with professional massage techniques. Dander and deeper deposits can be completely removed, the skin is also supplied with blood and looks rosy and fresh. A skin like velvet and silk!
- Once again, the entire body is covered with fragrant foam. The "Tellak" now begins with the Hammam massage. Each "Tellak" has its own and special handles. During the massage it is not difficult to just think about nothing and concentrate only on yourself.
- The massage ends with further warm water.
- To fully enjoy the whole ceremony, you should rest for a few minutes afterwards, lie back and relax, and if you like you can have a delicious tea.
Soothing massage and pure wellness
Curious about this type of massage and wellness? In many cities in Germany, the traditional Turkish bathing ceremony is offered and is indispensable in the field of wellness. Try it once and let the effect convince you!