A pregnancy - especially the first one - is a very special time for the expectant parents, which is associated with many challenges and a major change in many things of life. What should be noted, you will learn here.
9 tips for a healthy pregnancy
- Take all checkups regularly true at your doctor.
- The development of the child in the womb is through Smoking and alcoholl disturbed. During pregnancy, but also during breast-feeding, you should therefore abstain from smoking and alcohol.
- drugs which you take are usually also absorbed by the developing child. Therefore, you should take medication during pregnancy only after consulting your doctor.
- During a pregnancy can also banal illnesses Cause problems, ask therefore in case of occurring health problems your doctor.
- A healthy eating is extremely important for mother and child. The sentence that should be eaten for two during a pregnancy does not apply. Much more important is to consume high quality foods: plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains. It is also important to meet the increased demand for minerals, vitamins and trace elements. In particular, the folic acid - even before pregnancy - as well as the iodine supply should be sufficiently high.
- Move, Especially in the fresh air, promotes blood circulation and also helps your circulation.
- To prepare for the birth, it makes sense early on different Ways to give birth to inform. So you can calmly choose the best method for you.
- There is also the possibility to participate in different courses during pregnancy Entspannungs- and breathing methods to learn to prepare for childbirth. Also, a better understanding of what happens in the body during childbirth can take many fears.
- Not to mention practical tips for the Time after birth. Again, who knows what is important, can look forward to the breastfeeding and the new stage of life.
What to do about nausea and vomiting?
About one third of all pregnancies are accompanied by nausea or vomiting, especially in the first few months. For severe forms of gestational vomiting the doctor must be consulted. Otherwise, some tips to better bridge this time:
- Many small meals throughout the day do not burden the stomach and blood sugar as much as three large meals.
- If you are plagued by morning sickness, it is best to eat a rusks or slice of bread in bed.
What to do for back pain?
Back pain occurs more often during pregnancy because of the greater weight on the spine. This more weight and often taken unnatural attitudes of pregnant women then result in back pain.
Tips against back pain:
- Bed rest, relief of the spine
- Targeted gymnastics, swimming
- physical therapy
- comfortable shoes and regular breaks
What to do against stretch marks?
More than two-thirds of all pregnant women get stretch marks during their pregnancy. Characteristics are bluish to brown-red stripes, which result from the stretching of the subcutaneous fatty tissue. Affected body parts are usually the stomach, but also thighs, hips and breasts can be affected.
Tips against stretch marks: